Please see below resources compiled specifically for support of Ukraine employees. Alberta IoT will do our best to update this post with further information when available.
FOR EMPLOYERS SEEKING UKRAINIAN EMPLOYEES
- The Government is waiving fees and prioritizing applications for permanent residency under the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program. More on that here.
- The federal government department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has established a dedicated service channel for Ukraine immigration enquiries available for clients both in Canada and abroad at 613-321-4243, with collect calls accepted. Clients can add the keyword “Ukraine2022” to the IRCC crisis web formwith their enquiry and it will be prioritized.
- As more information is available about the different pathways for arrivals, it will be posted on the federal website at canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/ukraine-measures.html.
- in the interim and for EMPLOYERS ONLY, we have been provided a direct contact at IRCC to direct questions regarding job opportunities for the people in Ukraine. Those employers may connect directly with Mr. Gregory Sharun at Sharun@cic.gc.ca as the central point of contact for now to help them with the types of questions you are getting.
- The Government of Canada has announced the launch of the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET), a special, accelerated temporary residence pathway to welcome Ukrainians and their families to Canada. With the CUAET, Ukrainians and their immediate family members of any nationality may stay in Canada as temporary residents for up to three years. Applicants who are overseas need to apply online for a Canadian visitor visa and provide their biometrics (fingerprints and a photo). Applicants are encouraged to apply for a 3-year open work permit at the same time as their visa application.
- Employers who wish to support Ukrainians with offers of employment should register on Job Bank’s Jobs for Ukraine webpage. You can find additional information about these measures in the Government of Canada’s news release.
Alberta Government Information on Immigration Information
Alberta Government Information on Resources for Refugees
VanHack (https://vanhack.com/ ) has a database of over 300,000 tech talent globally. For those looking to hire Ukrainians, they are waiving their one time 20% fee to help get companies connected to those who need jobs.
Process for companies interested in hiring Ukrainian talent is:
- Send email to Stephanie (email@example.com) to discuss needs
- Use subject line: Hiring Ukraine/ Alberta IoT
- Chat with Stephanie about needs
- If a fit, sign their agreements/ terms ( 0% fee)
- Get matched
The vacation rental company announced that it will offer short-term housing to up to 100,000 Ukrainian refugees. The stays will be funded by the company itself and donors to the Host Refugee. People are not only encouraged to donate money but also to open their homes to the vulnerable refugees. Anyone interested can learn how to get involved through their website- airbnb.org/help-ukraine.
Want to Host a Family?
Follow this link for more information https://www.ukrainetakeshelter.com/
Free Healthcare for Ukrainians
Click here for more details.