Gathering industry and students for Alberta IoT’s Demo Day, Alberta IoT was thrilled to bring together 20 exhibitors, 70 industry representatives & faculty,and more than 140students, based on registration metrics, to help build talent within the province of Alberta. Demo Day sought to showcase the impact and opportunity technology has across various industry sectors with a focus on traditional industries such as construction or telecommunication. The event was a great opportunity for students and industry to come together to explore emerging technologies, raise awareness of the potential for technology in traditional industries, and for Alberta IoT to support the growth of new tech talent to support the growth of these sectors.
A Look Back at Key Demo Day Metrics
It was important for Alberta IoT to gather information on where emerging technology and industry can help students and recent graduates. Below you will find insightful metrics from students and industry who participated in Demo Day.
25% of students believe they will need to move to another jurisdiction to find industry disrupting.
80% of student responses believe they will have a job following graduation
To check out the full breakdown of Demo Day Metrics click HERE.
Check out some open postings below:
From Exhibiting Companies:
August Electronics Careers | Current Openings at August Electronics (aeicm.com)
- Potential positions include Process technician, SMT Operators, Account Managers (Sales), Purchasing and Finance.
Blackline Safety careers.blacklinesafety.com/home
- Blackline Safety has the following positions available, Full Stack Developer, Financial Analyst, Firmware Developer, Firmware Intern. Check out more opportunities at blacklinesafety.com/home
- Hiring opportunities for: Geomatics Engineer, Software Developer, Senior Hardware Engineer, Compliance Specialist, GNSS Signal Processing – DSP SW Engineer, Product Quality Specialist, Manufacturing Test Engineer, and Senior Compliance Specialist. Find more opportunities
- Hiring opportunities available for Sales Development Specialist and Accountant/Bookkeeping.
- Hiring front and back-end software developers. Find out more here https://www.networkinv.com/about/
TEKTELIC Career | TEKTELIC
- Hiring opportunities available for Business Development Analyst and Summer Engineering Internships.
- Hiring opportunities available for Hardware Test & Validation Engineer, DevOps Lead, Sr. Software Developer, Project Manager, and Intermediate Software Developer. Careers | ZeroKey
Long View Systems – longviewsystems.com/careers
Olympia Trust Company – https://www.olympiatrust.com/careers
Osperity – https://osperity.com/careers/
PCC Integrate – https://pccintegrate.com/careers/
Rigstar Industrial Careers – Rigstar Industrial Telecom
Rogers – https://jobs.rogers.com/
Symroc – https://www.symroc.com/
Wesco – https://www.wesco.com/us/en/our-company/careers.html
From Participating Industry Representatives
Expeto Wireless, Solution Architect – PreSales
Work at Expeto (recruitee.com)
Ambyint, Snr. Software Engineer and Data Scientists
Dynamysk Automation, Manager, Business Systems
Aqurus Solutions Inc.
Thank you to our annual sponsors for making events like these possible. A special shout out to supporting companies Calgary Economic Development and SAIT School for Advanced Digital Technology.
Interested in our other Alberta IoT events?
Check them out HERE. We can’t wait to see you there.
ABOUT ALBERTA IOT
Alberta IoT is a non-profit, member-based association that exists to nurture and support the growth of Alberta’s Internet of Things and emerging technology sectors. Our mission is to position Alberta as the worldwide leader in IoT and emerging technology.